This is the third and final installment of our Countdown to Treefort Music Fest. You can view the other installments here.
We’ve been to Treefort Music Fest down in Boise, Idaho for the past two years since it started and intend on making the 9-hour drive again this year March 20-24. Treefort Music Fest is a unique music and arts festival for emerging artists, they take pride in showcasing musicians that you’ve probably never even heard of but are guaranteed to like.
This year Treefort has over 350 bands playing 17 different venues around town. And if you tire of the music there will be various Forts people can venture in to and participate with, such as: YogaFort, AleFort (21+), HackFort, Storyfort, SkateFort, and Treefort Film Fest. This is truly a music and arts festival, not just a music festival sprinkled with some arts here and there.
AleFort is a beer festival that runs concurrently with Treefort although it is a separate event. You do not need a Treefort Music Fest ticket to attend AleFort. Admission is free to this 21+ event however you do pay for sample tokens. They are expanding AleFort to three days this year and will have special keg tappings and events throughout the weekend.
Here are our choices to pair up with this week’s playlist:
– New Belgium Brewing BlackBerry Love will go well with: NighTraiN, Hillfolk Noir, Grandma Kelsey [Fri. 3/21 | 4pm]
– Woodland Empire Ale Craft Crooked Empire Collaboration Saison will go well with: Jackalope Saints, Disco Doom, The Family Crest [Sat. 3/22 | 2pm]
– Whole Foods/ Various Cideries Numerous hard ciders will go well with: Poliça, Kris Orlowski, Sun Angle [Sun. 3/23 | 1pm]
To help you navigate through the 350+ bands, here at VbA we’re creating a few Youtube playlists every week to give you a sampling of the numerous artists playing the festival. While these playlists barely scratch the surface of the multitude of artists playing Treefort they will hover around 10-15 videos per playlist, and we hope you find a few bands to mark on your Treefort schedule!
1. InnerOceans “Ready Your Ghost” [Sun. 3/23 | Tom Grainey’s | 9pm]
2. Manatee Commune “Brush” [Fri. 3/21 | Knitting Factory | 9pm]
3. POLIÇA “Lay Your Cards Out” [Sun. 3/23 | Main Stage | 8:45pm]
4. Hip Hatchet “Misdirected Man” [Thurs. 3/20 | Pengilly’s Saloon | 10pm]
5. The Jackalope Saints “High Troubles” [Sat. 3/22 | Pengilly’s Saloon | 12am]
6. The Raven and The Writing Desk “The Haunting” [Sat. 3/22 | Pengilly’s Saloon | 1am]
7. Sallie Ford “Cage” [Thurs. 3/20 | The Bouquet | 1am]
8. Give Chase “Girls” [Fri. 3/21 | The District Coffeehouse | 5pm]
9. Rubblebucket “Came Out Of A Lady” [Sat. 3/22 | Main Stage | 7pm]
10. Friends and Family “Walking The Cow” [Thurs. 3/20 | The Bouquet | 9pm]
11. First Borns “Gene” [Sun. 3/23 | The Crux | 8pm]
12. NighTraiN “Huntress” [Sat. 3/22 | The Shredder | 11:30pm]
13. Ravenna Woods “A Devil’s Coming” [Thurs. 3/20 | The Bouquet | 12am]
14. Phantahex “Off The Boat” [Sun. 3/23 | Neurolux | 5pm]
15. Deeveaux “Interceptor” [Sat. 3/22 | Chine Blue Lounge | 11:30pm]